"Onyx Graphics is continually investing in research and development," said Kevin Murphy, President of Onyx Graphics. "With a technologically strong engineering staff working alongside our own colour scientists, our in-house development teams are able to create and enhance our leading-edge technologies to deliver powerful and reliable, large format print solutions that lift the industry." This latest U.S. patent includes technological advancements in the field of colour management, an industry known strength for Onyx Graphics, Inc. A new colour experience is also promised with the company's next major release, which will be integrated into the full spectrum of ONYX software solutions including ONYX Thrive print workflow software and ONYX RIP products.
Onyx Graphics awarded another U.S. patent for colour technology innovation
Salt Lake City-based global software company Onyx Graphics, Inc., has been awarded another U.S. patent for colour technology innovations in wide- and grand-format print software solutions. U.S patent 9,917,955 has been granted for spectral transmissive measurement of media, a new method of obtaining colour information for printing on media resulting in improved colour accuracy, especially for backlit display and textile printing applications. The patent is the product of Onyx Graphics' own staff of colour scientists including Dr. Max Derhak, Dr. Lin Lou (Eric) and William Chase.
Latest from Graphic Display World
- VLS takes a second Epson SureColor SC-S80600 from Papergraphics
- Artist Orlando Arocena bridges the gap between traditional & digital art with HP Large Format Media
- OneVision Software with prepress and workflow automation software for print service providers at EFI Connect
- Onlineprinters donates EUR 5,000 to youth welfare organisation
- Siegwerk and Komori set new quality standards with cooperatively developed K-Supply UV inks
- Markzware MarkzTools for InDesign CS6 & MarkzTools2 Support InDesign CC 2019 macOS
- PressOn continues to expand print armoury with new HP LX 3600 latex printer
- Roland takes business-boosting tech and knowledge to Printwear & Promotion LIVE! 2019