3M launch Knifeless tape range for vehicle wrapping
Knifeless Tape Technology from 3M takes all the worry out of cutting and trimming during vehicle wrapping. This new range from 3M enables car wrappers and installers to cut through graphic film with sharp, clean lines and curves without the need for a blade, leaving a smooth finish and causing no damage to the surface of the film.
3M Knifeless Tapes incorporate patented technology which uses a filament film embedded in the centre of the tape for cutting adhesive films. The film is placed over the knifeless tape and cutting is achieved by pulling the filament up through the film. The tapes are both flexible and blade-free allowing installers to quickly and confidently cut graphic film, along the contours of the surface, with precision and without risk of damaging the film surface.
The Knifeless Tape range covers a broad spectrum of applications. These include:
- 3M Finish Line Knifeless Tape easily follows the contours and curves of any vehicle and is ideal for new knifeless installers.
- 3M Bridge Line Knifeless Tape creates evenly cut graphics bridging from one panel to the next for a professional finish. It is used to create uniform cuts in wide gaps between doors, bumpers and rubber mouldings.
- 3M Perf Line Knifeless Tape allows installers to cut a uniform margin between window graphics and rubber moulding, before applying edge-sealing tape.
- 3M Design Line Knifeless Tape is engineered to create highly contoured designs with sharp, clean edges, and is ideal for creating stripes and accents.
- 3M Tri-Line Knifeless Tape is a triple-lined tape that ensures an accurate, consistent stripe width from one end of the car to the other and is ideal for pinstripes, gaps and butt seams.
- 3M Precision Line Knifeless Tape is engineered to give even the most challenging film installations a sharp, clean edge with its ultra-fine, ultra-sharp filament that cuts reflective, metallic, chrome, dry-erase and 3M DI-NOC films.
- 3M PPF Line Knifeless Tape is a two-tape system designed for wet applications. This makes installing pliable paint protection films quick and easy, for achieving crisp, clean and symmetrical cuts without a plotter.
All 3M Knifeless Tapes are supplied in re-sealable, single roll pouches for easy storage and to prevent tape damage from dust and dirt. The distinctive packaging allows easy identification of product name to avoid unnecessary confusion.
Each tape is supplied in standard 50m rolls while Finish Line Tapes are offered in 10m trial rolls.
Want to get to know us better? Follow us on Twitter @GDWtweets Check out our Facebook Fan Page or join our group on Linkedin We'd love to get to know you and learn more about your business! Got any news or PR? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org